RE: [Amps] Molybdenum Disulphide Grease

To: "Harold B Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] Molybdenum Disulphide Grease
From: "Patrick A. Thompson Sr." <wa4tukhr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:05:10 -0400
There is (or was) molykote available in powder form with no grease or oil
carrier. It basically looks like gray colored graphite dust and is used in
much the same way.

Years ago a small bottle was purchased from Harris Corp. (molykote Z) for
use on a then current model television transmitter for sliding RF parts,
etc. The only way I could figure to get a thin film on any parts was to mix
into a slurry with alcohol and paint the surfaces using a small artists
brush, cotton swab, etc.

Poking around on the web it appears this is still available but I never
located anyone selling small amounts. If you had a tube with about the same
amount as you get with graphite you would have a lifetime supply.

Pat
wa4tuk