Re: [Amps] Motorola 375w VHF amp w/ 2x8560AS

To: "Eric Lowell" <elowell@maine.rr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Motorola 375w VHF amp w/ 2x8560AS
From: "Eric Dobrowansky" <kk2ed@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:34:18 -0400
Good News - At the rear of the bottom end of the plate bars, there are two
overlapping, aluminum, horizontal fingers welded on to the bars, that are
acting as a capacitor. I decreased the spacing between these two tabs by
about 50%, and now I can get the plate tuning to resonance at 146-147MHz.
Efficiency has increased to between 50 and 62%, depending upon how high I
push the amp (more power, more efficiency).

Hope this helps someone in the future.

73
Eric
kk2ed