[Amps] Al-811 Troubleshooting - Problem Solved

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Al-811 Troubleshooting - Problem Solved
From: "VA3NR" <va3nr@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:52:09 -0400
My thanks to all who replied to help me understand the problem I was having
with an AL-811.
It was blowing fuses immediately on power up.  Based on suggestions, I checked
HV supply diodes & capacitors - all OK.  Then I secured the plate connectors
with plastic cable ties & tried powering up amp with tubes removed - HV came up
OK.  I felt confident after that ordering & installing new tubes*.  Amp is
working normally again.

(* Quick delivery on a matched set from RF Parts - good service.)

Thanks,
Chris VA3NR