[Amps] type types for variou people.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] type types for variou people.
From: skipp isaham <nospam4me@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:56:28 -0700
See Mark,
-
It takes all kinds to make a world. Although not my
favorite tube, I had pretty darn good luck with both
the original Eimac and Econco Rebuild 5cx1500a
amps. I actually modified the Sparta 602 to take
the 5cx1500b tube when the original socket died,
but saw/found no noticable difference.
-
I have one of the horrid Henry HF amps that use
the same tube that  I someday have to complete
a rebuild for a friend, I'm not looking forward to
that.
-
But I've been very happy with the 5cx1500a/b
tube, 30 watts drive takes it to almost 2300
out all day, every day.  Not even the bad music
selection seems to kill it.
-
cheers
skipp