[Amps] pi-net programs

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] pi-net programs
From: "carl seyersdahl" <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:18:59 -0500
 I have been using the "Elmer wingfield " pi-net program in an attempt to
find some answers to some problems. I have compared the results of that
program and the info in the '97 arrl handbook and they do not compare at
all.
 ( the ckts are for the output pi-net for tubes.) according to the info in
the book, the plate impedance of four EL509's in parallel seems to be in the
area of 600 ohms , due to the low plate v. and the hi current. (at least
that's the way I see it.)  The handbook starts at 1500..!!!
  Are there any other programs like Wingfield's that might be different or
better??  Inquiring mind.!!!!
    carl / kz5ca