[Amps] 4cx1000 project feedback and thank you

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 4cx1000 project feedback and thank you
From: skipp isaham <nospam4me@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:02:30 -0800
Hello again,

All I can first say is wow and thank you to everyone who
replied to my QST 4cx1000b information request.

It appears the Author/Builder was Prof. Mark
Mandelkern, now K5AM, of Las Cruces, New
Mexico.

As with many amplifier projects, various incarnations
have appeared through the years in QST, Ham Radio
(rip), CQ and other mags.

The 4cx1000 first starts to appear in the late 50's
via a product announcement and follow up QST
project. I have that text on the http://sonic.ucdavis.edu
server Amateur Radio Page.

Others mentioned the Der Loudenboomer version,
which I've seen, have but not "yet" posted on sonic.
>From my previous requests about the Loudenboomer
amps, I believe they were constructed with more than
one type of tube. I'm not sure if the 4cx1000 was
the most popular tube for the Loudenboomer?

A few people have replied with many of the various
4cx1000 magazine article references. Again a big
thank you. I'll pass this information along to Ralph
(who asked me for help) and will scan and setup
the paperwork for the located paperwork on sonic
when received via mail later this week.

best to everyone and thank you from myself and
Ralph.

cheers
skipp
nospam4me@juno.com