Re: [Amps] how to check grid current

To: "Alan Hevner" <WV4AL@comcast.net>, " AMPS" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] how to check grid current
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:41:25 -0800
***   I would start by measuring the full-scale deflection of the grid-I
meter with the amp unplugged, and recalibrate the meter if needed.  I
would do the same thing with the plate/anode meter.
-  If there are no glitch-protect diodes across the meter movements, I
would add them.   Next I would measure the R of the 811A filaments to see
if they are intact.  The reason I would do this is because I have seen an
AL-811 with open filaments in three tubes.

good luck, Alan