[Amps] Fw: Parts needed for Drake L-7 amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fw: Parts needed for Drake L-7 amp
From: "Torrey L. Mitchell" <torreym@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:14:09 -0600
Hi all,

Recently I blew up my L-7 by tuning up to max in the SSB position.  I'm having
difficulty finding two components which need replacing.

The first is the green Drake-made capacitor C41 47 pF between the top and the
middle of the HV plate choke.  Mine arced through and doesn't seem repairable.
Since this is a "home-brew" component made by Drake (to save $$ ?) I cannot
rush out and buy one.  I'd like to stick to original components if at all
possible.

The second component is the R12 0.82 ohm 2 watt power supply fuse resistor.
Harbaugh Electronics is the usual reliable source for these.  However, he just
moved and won't be open for business again until mid-December.

Anyone who can help me get my hands on these components?  It would be immensely
appreciated!

73 de Torrey N9AUJ