[Amps] amp. Pi-L tuning question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] amp. Pi-L tuning question
From: "hm" <w4lcn@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:34:33 -0600
Sir:
 I wonder if you or some members here could help me with set-up problem or
point me to some place to find the information I need?
Some time ago I built a 4-1000 linear amplifier with tuned input and Pi-L
output.  The tuned inputs is good, and after many hours of trial and error
tuning the output network, I have the 40 meter band tuned very well, and the 20
meter band somewhat close.  Now to my problem.  I have acquired an H/P 8601A
sweep generator(50 ohm output) and also have an H/P 606 signal generator for
centerfrequency marker, as well as a Millen grid dipper and a tektornix 547
scope.  I would really like to be able to set the remaining bands using the
sweep generator/scope as I think it could make tuning the Pi-L much easier,
plus learning something new.  Unfortunatley I don't know how to set-up the
sweeper to the amplifier output network to do this.  I think where my efforts
have failed is with the matching the sweeper to the 4-1000 plate, or to the
network itself.  If you or one of your readers could help me to do this or
perhaps tell me where I could find this information I would really appreciate
it...
thank you for you time...H. B. Moore...w4lcn...