Re: [Amps] Re: SB200 Grid Current...

To: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>,"Amps Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: SB200 Grid Current...
From: "carl seyersdahl" <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:16:43 -0500
Roy, and the group: It's entirely possible the tubes are at fault  because
they may be shorted only when the filament is hot (energized)  the only way
to know is with known good tubes.!!Also, you better check all the metering
resistors, grid and plate, and also , as mentioned, the plate voltage, with
the proper meter and ALL safety precautions.!!!I would bet that either the
tubes are bad or you've had a parasitic osc. that killed the metering
resistors. Check the continuity from the pwr. supply to the plates.  I'm not
the ultimate expert on these amps but I have repaired a few.I think the
SB200 is a very good amp, but let's face it, it needs to be up-dated as any
amp from way back when needs to be.!!! there several things that need
up-grading.
     carl / kz5ca