[Amps] RE 220

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] RE 220
From: Ku4uk@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:41:24 EST
Sorry I got this started on wiring the SB-220. Maybe we have beat it to death
now. To say anything is just to repeat everything that has been said. But
have received a few email. That say they dont use the neutral wire. Just the
two
hot wires for 220 v. It seems to me if you dont use the third wire to chassis.
which goes back to breaker box. If there is a short to chassis. the breaker
may not trip. And you could become ground if you touch metal. My breaker box
has a bare strip for all neutral wires. It has a heavy wire going from strip to
8 ft ground rod and meter base. which is also grounded to power pole ground.
The third wire going to chassis on the sb220 does not carry current. but I
would be afraid not to use it. Be safe, move on. long live CW.