[Amps] Maxwell oil filled capacitors?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Maxwell oil filled capacitors?
From: "A.J Moss" <linear.amplifier@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:35:16 -0000
Hi group,

     Does anyone have any info on these units, or rather any preference as to
which would be best used in an amp HV supply...

Maxwell Cat# 30580 54uF 4.2Kv

Maxwell Cat#38697 35uF 5.1Kv

These I just could not resist at a local electronics 'junque' shop. One (30580)
is labelled as being the NOS spare for a defibrilator, and is slightly smaller
than it's lower capacitance sibling. Now I don't fancy making an Amateur
Defibrilator, but it saves space on electrolytic strings in the PS case.

Is it advanced technology (castor oil in the 54uf one, unspecified but non-pcb
containing in the other) that makes the size difference, or is there some other
issue?

73

Adam