Re: [Amps] Home Built Amp

To: k7fm@teleport.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Home Built Amp
From: ka1xo@juno.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:27:27 GMT
Hey!

I'm hereby cancelling the order for my new Sx77 for hotel room-portable
DXpedition use.

The homebrew on ebay just fits the bill. And the  bid is still hovering around
$15.50.

Why spend $5K on a new Alpha '77 ???? Just the transformer in the 'Sx is enough
to put my back out just looking at it with that cute rope handle.

I bet the HB '811 set all tubed up and humming weighs less than the HV XFMR in
the '77.

I'd want it just for the tube fan alone. Those metal blades are right near the
action. I wonder if distant stations when hearing the amp think it's on board a
spacecraft, or maybe HF EME with true libration.

Hal
KA1XO