Re: [Amps] 220VOLT LINE...Redux and ??

To: "Michael Melland, W9WIS" <w9wis@charter.net>,Jim Smith <jimsmith@ispwest.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 220VOLT LINE...Redux and ??
From: Ed Briggs <edbriggs@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:39:41 -0500
Inside the conduit or part of a single 10/3 non-metalic cable. Just for
clarity, if you have metallic conduit, that would serve as the ground, and
you would want three conductors inside: phase, phase and neutral.

I take it you have NMC (or Romex).  You woudl get 10/3 which would come with
an uninsulated fourth conductor which woudl be the safety ground.