[Amps] TL-922

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TL-922
From: "Bill, KE5OG" <ke5og@brooksdata.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:48:35 -0600
Hello,

I have a TL-922 that has provided many years of good service. Sometime back,
during a RTTY contest, when I unkeyed, the amp appeared to stay keyed (or
partially keyed). I immediately (almost) shut the amp off. When I turned it
back on after a minute or so, it blew one of the two fuses. So I turned it off
again. Later I turned it back on and it blew the other fuse.

I have physically examed the amp and I cannot easiily see any obvious damage.

So I need to know:

1. Where I might find the fuses or a suitable replacement. I live in the sticks
of West Texas, so not much choice other than Radio Shack around here.

2. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused the problem to begin with
and how best to proceed to fix it.

Seems like it could be a stuck relay, but I can't tell by sight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill