[Amps] Groth Turns Counters

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Groth Turns Counters
From: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 00:16:24 -0500
Does anybody know if Groth turns counters are still available? I need a couple for my rebuild of the 4-1000A amps from the old W3AU contest station of the 60s and 70s. I saw the notes from W6RU and ON4UN off this reflector, but these are dated 1998.

I'm looking specifically for the Groths. I have several of the units from Surplus Sales of Nebraska, but their design takes up depth behind the panel for the counter gearing and shaft coupler. The W3AU amps have really large (and nice!) vacuum variables which I would like to retain without going to a deeper chassis and the Groths would be a big help in accomplishing this.

Thanks for any info.

73,

Dave/K8CC