Fw: [Amps] HELP...off topic.. slow picture loads

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Fw: [Amps] HELP...off topic.. slow picture loads
From: skipp isaham <nospam4me@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 09:10:42 -0800
Hi Louie,

When you are on-line with many windows machines,
there is a small modem connection status icon
active in the lower right corner. You can click on the
icon and bring it up to the normal screen size.  It
will tell you your connection speed.  If its less than
52 bps (~56k modem), you might try unplugging
extra phones and answering machines, then re log
onto your on line system to see if your connection
speed comes back up.

I've found cheap telco devices often slow Internet
connections down quite a bit. I found a bugging
device two years ago which caused this same
problem.

cheers
skipp

ps:  you might also want to down load the lean
and mean  Mozilla firebird web browser from
www.mozilla.org  (free).  M-Firebird emulates
Internet Exploder and Netscape very well and
has less than 1/2 the overhead on your machine.

Mozilla is also a full feature browser if you
need integrated Email.  Else Mozilla Thunderbird
is the free matching Email program for Firebird.