[Amps] Re: "How are IMDs created".

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re: "How are IMDs created".
From: rfdude@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 03:59:33 +0000
Bill,

It's time to change the subject title...to "How are IMDs created".

Adding a filter after a nonlinear process such as a mixer, will do no good
since the IMD has already been generated by the non linear element (and the
harmonic).

I don't see the point of the using a filter. Besides where would you put it?

I am considering taking a spectrum analyser and see if I see harmonics and IMDs
at the same time when hard mixing. That should help settle the issue. If there
are no harmonics and only IMDs you are right.

We can resume when you are up to it and feeling better. I am very interested in
the subject and welcome the interaction. Thanks, this part of learning after
all....

regards and 73s

chirs kb3bf