Re: [Amps] Re: Step start...another solution

To: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>,"Amps Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: Step start...another solution
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 06:32:01 -0800
**  In the amplifier I am currently gathering parts for, starting on 120v
and switching to 240v would exceed the current rating on the mains power
contactor.   To limit inrush-current at startup, I am using a SPST 100A
relay with a 24vdc coil, shorting out a 3.5-ohm resistor when the HV
reacjs c. 2/3 of normal.  The DC coil supply is derived from an 18V-rms,
1A winding on the HV transformer.