[Amps] MLA2500 project - new grid current shunt (Jim Zellmer, KA0VSL)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] MLA2500 project - new grid current shunt (Jim Zellmer, KA0VSL)
From: <Jim@ka0vsl.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:41:21 -0500
 allow for full scale on the meter at 100 ma Ig.  After spending several
 nights reviewing the schematic for the MLA2500 and looking at some web
 resources, it appears that I need to add a second shunt resistor to the
 metering circuit.  I found a web sight with schematics for the MLA 2500A
and
 MLA 2500 B.  It appears that one of the changes on the B model modified the
 grounded grid configuration of the A model by adding several bypass caps
and
 a second shunt resistor to float the grids a little bit above ground and
 running a line to the meter switching board.  I have not been able to find
 good picture of the bottom side of the tube sockets in a MLA 2500B on the
 net to see how these caps and new shunt are configured.  If one of you QRO
 hams that have a MLA 2500B and a digital camera could flip that puppy over,
 shot a couple of pics of the tube sockets and email them to me, I could get
 this thing on line.

 TNX ES HAPPY NEW YEAR

 73,

 Jim Zellmer, KA0VSL