[Amps] Fan Delay

To: "AMPS REFL" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fan Delay
From: "ARNE GJERNING" <gjerning@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:20:32 -0700
July 2003, Page 38 just in case someone is interested..  Don't know how I
missed it.  A commercial time delay relay might be cheaper in long run.

Latest method of cool-down. Make last transmission.  Go thru shut down
process of computers in the shack.  After computers off  turn on XCVR and
other items.  NOW turn off amp.  This has to take about 2 minutes. Another
KISS solution.

Thanks to those who responded.

73 de Arne N7KA

BTW, Colin. It was the time delay relay in a Tektronix 545B scope that was
removed during my final tests for test tech at Tek, Beaverton plant in 1964.
Think it was a 6NO7GT.  I did not hear the relay close after about 45
seconds, looked inside and it was gone.  Not a super tech, just knew what
happened at turn-on.