[Amps] Wiring in a replacement band switch on a SB-220

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Wiring in a replacement band switch on a SB-220
From: "Bart Ritchie (VE5CPU)" <ve5cpu@imagewireless.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:37:08 -0600
Good day everyone

I ordered a replacement band switch from Harbach Electrons for my SB-220. I now have the time to do the repair on my SB220 and when I removed the old part I found it to be very different than the replacement part that I received.

The existing part is quite a bit smaller, with a diameter of 1 3/8 inches versus the 1 3/4 inch diameter of the replacement part. As well, the original part has 12 contacts on the wafer, with 10 of them being used. The replacement wafer has 8 contacts.

The wiring diagrams on pages 16 & 17 of the manual clearly shows 10 connections being made to unique contact points on the wafer from the two positions on the 5 coils.

In looking at the old wafer and the wiring diagram, I cannot ascertain a possible alternative wiring method.

Have any of you had any experience wiring in the Harbach replacement part? Can you provide any assistance in what the alternative wiring diagram / instructions would be?

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.

73, Bart - VE5CPU