[Amps] AL-82 "Glitch" Protection

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] AL-82 "Glitch" Protection
From: Punkymcd@pacbell.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:58:53 -0800
Comparing grid and plate current metering circuits of the SB-220 and AL-82 I find the AL-82 grounds the negative side of the plate meter. Trying to sort out how to install the metering glitch diodes is a bit confusing here. Of course Ameritron's idea of an amplifier schematic doesn't make things any easier to trouble shoot.

Can anyone give me some help as to where to physically (electrically that is) put these diodes. I can understand the one across the grid current shunt resistor but I need help with the three in series from -HV to ground.

Is there by chance a schematic of the AL-82 that incorporates all the sub boards in one print?

Thanks in advance.

73, Don, W6OA