[Amps] Tough valves?

To: " AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tough valves?
From: "Richard" <translations@qdnet.pl>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:47:59 +0100
I will be transmiiting with my valve amplifier from my summer cottage this year
which g me worried that transporting the amp (1xGU74) to and from my home to
the cottage might not be the best thing for the valve itself. But then I see
many DXpeditions use the same amp on many trips, so the resilance o valves
being bounced around in cars and planes must be quite reasonable.

So the question I have to the group is are (ceramic) designed to faithfully
stay in one place, or can the take the punishment of beig moved happily around
in the back of the car etc, and to what extend can they take this?

Richard
SO5GB