Re: [Amps] Horizontal or verticle?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Horizontal or verticle?
From: Traian <yo9fzs@office.deck.ro>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:33:40 +0200
a. For most of the indirectly heated ceramic tubes, the mounting position is
specified as "any".
b. For many amps, the ukrainian ham's are cooling the tubes (like the GU74 and
GU43)
using 5" axial fans located on the back panel of the amp and the horisontal
positioning
of the tube is an advantage for this case (similar as for the Dentron MLA2500
GU74 mod).
c. The "pollutants" problem (if any!) may be different for the planar triodes
than for the tetrodes.
d. for the cost of the russian tubes specified as to "any mounting position", a
dispute
on this topic have no sense, and the "pollutants" problem is the last thing of
concern.

73,
Traian