Re: [Amps] L4B blower motor wanted

To: fordgt390@yahoo.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] L4B blower motor wanted
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:32:42 -0500
Dear Mark,

I thought all was lost when my ALPHA 77Sx blower
was making noise, too.

The ROTRON VS37A2-R1 was made in Woodstock, New York,\
and as Jimi said, "All those hippies cut of ALL their hair...,"
and so the R-1 is history.

However, all is not lost.

Contact Ozzy (!!!!) at << Sales@WBDS.com  >> when you take your
blower apart and find the numbers on the two bearings supporting the
motor armature.

Chances are your blower uses a shaded-pole motor, with or without a
start-capacitor. Updating the amplifier cooling with new bearings and
a new capacitor will solve your difficulties.

Surplus Sales of Nebraska (.COM), has all sorts of start-caps.

Just be sure to use a press fitting that touches the inner race only
and not the bearing shield when fitting the new set. The press fit
is more than likely a 0.0015", which makes it a breeze to press
off and on, because you won't have to warm the fixture and
won't need to Loctite the inner race on the new set while
pressing on.

Hal Mandel
KA1XO