[Amps] 9913 cable

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 9913 cable
From: "kce" <kce@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:51:48 -0500
This past weekend I was loading up a amp into a OCF dipole fed through a 4:1
balun with 9913 belden cable. When I hit the 800 watt mark a big spark, so I
figure ok the 4:1 went west on me. I change out the balun try again same
results. I change out the feedline to rg/213 no problem. I check over the
9913 and find a fair sized arc hole in the cable about 15 feet below the
antenna. Anybody else have problems with this cable. There are no signs of
moisture present in the cable, God knows I spent 1.5 hours looking for it. I
see on the belden site they claim 10 KW rating at 1 mhz for a 1:1 vswr. No
damage to the amp or tuner.

Ken W8OB