[Amps] SB-1000 - 3-500Z restoration

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] SB-1000 - 3-500Z restoration
From: Tim _W1WCI <kb1gfv@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:18:12 -0500
Amp is working......with a new tube. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. Checked transformer, checked filament voltage. Old tube glowed nice until RF was added, then arched again. New tube works fine.

Repaired meter switch tonight. Before only HV and plate worked. Now I have Power too, I don't use ALC so I don't know.

I am getting old, but before I replace the switch I thouht I check the idilling plate current (80 as specified) by shorting the keying line to ground. Now that I have replaced the switch I get an idling plate current of 150. I am wondering what this might fortell or what I might check if all is not well???

Thanks for any help.
Tim
W1WCI