[Amps] Info on Mirage 6M 10/150 Amp?

To: Amps <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Info on Mirage 6M 10/150 Amp?
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:34:01 -0500
I recently had a Mirage 10W in, 150W out 6M brick amp in the shack. When I checked it out, it wasn't working. It seemed that the RF from the exciter was feeding straight through to the output. I assumed that the RF sensing antenna relay changeover circuitry was not working. However, I've since been told that the 6M amps have to be keyed from the exciter by grounding through the RCA jack on the rear and do not work by RF sensing. My 2M and 440 MHz Mirage amps go to transmit by RF sensing or via the RCA jack. Is the 6M unit different? I'd appreciate any information on the issue.

73, Joe