Re: [Amps] ARB-704

To: "Gearing" <gearing@bellsouth.net>, " AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ARB-704
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:58:34 -0800
**  Bob --  Although it's more work on your part, one solution is to
convert the SB-201 from a negative to a positive relay supply V, remove
the original relay and cockamamie bias switching scheme, and do the
high-speed switching mod so it can keep up with modern radios -- i.e.,
not hotswitch.  With Kenwood radios, use "RL" (+12v on Tx)  on the
accessory jack to actuate the high-speed relays in the amplifier.  ref:
Q3 in
 http://www.somis.org/D.a.07.GIF