Re: [Amps] PTFE fasteners or adhesive backed PTFE

To: "Neil Carr G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PTFE fasteners or adhesive backed PTFE
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:36:23 +0000
On Tuesday 24 February 2004 19:35, Neil Carr G0JHC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of making a "flapper" cap. I have been warned away from
> using nylon screws to hold the PTFE in place and wonder what the sources
> are for some PTFE fasteners or something else suitable for intense RF
> fields. Even better, where do I get hold of adhesive backed PTFE? I haven't
> been able to find any sources at first glace here in the UK.
If you've a spare mortgage to spend, RS sell ceramic nuts, bolts and washers.
I usually end up designing mounting arrangements that allow for brass screws,
although I've heard of people using clear silicone sealant to fix PTFE.

If all you need is to stop two parts from touching, you can use the 'top hat'
insulator from an Oxley barb.

Steve