Re: [Amps] muffin fans

To: Chuck_Partain@Maxtor.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] muffin fans
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:38:52 -0800
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:28:28 -0800 "Partain, Chuck"
<Chuck_Partain@Maxtor.com> writes:

Hi Chuck,

> anyone ever do any studies about muffin fans for cooling BIG tubes?
>
> they indicate ~60cfm at 30mm H2O across the tube.

   That's a lot for a muffin fan... you might get close if you (series)
stack 6 or 7 of them!  :-)

> Looked around and see a lot of CFM measurements but not including the
pressure.

   The Rotron printed catalog has these graphs... not sure if they are
shown on line:  www.comairrotron.com

   A pair of their Spinnaker blowers (in parallel) run at the tippy-top
of their operating voltage range would just barely meet your
requirements.

   I've used their smaller biscuit blowers for cooling smaller tubes both
singly and paired with good results.

> ~chuck

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W