Re: [Amps] sb-220 non uniform grid current ??

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] sb-220 non uniform grid current ??
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:02:49 -0800

>In a message dated 2/26/04 12:50:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>dansawyer@earthlink.net writes:
>

>> . Is it possible the high grid current readings are a result of
>> poor tuning skill on my part??
>>

>I was going to mention that from the beginning.  Unfortunately, many do NOT
>know the correct way to load an amplifier especially if its your first one
>you
>have owned.  Good Luck

**  Luck is not of any value.  Knowledge is.  To tune up a g-g amp, apply
100% of drive, preferably pulsed at 20 - 30 pps - unless one is tuning an
amp with a 2500w HV-PS  (Henry 3KA), and Tune/Load for maximum PEP out.
If this is done, grid-current will be reasonable because most of the
electrons will be going into the antenna instead of into the grid.  .  .