Re: [Amps] SB-220 no HV

To: rlake@ne.rr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 no HV
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:54:05 EST
In a message dated 3/10/04 01:09:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, rlake@ne.rr.com
writes:

> Hi all....went to use the SB220 after quite some time this past weekend and
> found that when I turned it on the lights would come on but the step-start
> would not click on until after aprox. 3-4 minutes or so. At which time the
> meter lights increase in brightness, like normal, but I have no HV....only
> abt a 100w out....almost seems as if the HV caps are not charging up, but I
> really do not know.
> Any thoughts?

You supply every little information to make  diagnosis, however, I think
perhaps you have a problem with the line voltage getting to the power
transformer
from the "step start" relay.  There are numerous reasons why you may not have
HV, but I am suspect that your step start relay maybe the problem.  I would
FIRST make sure that you have line voltage at the points where the HV
transformer come in to play.  If you have your line voltage there, then you
must go on
to the next thing, which could be a few more problems.  One thing at a time.
Keep us posted. 73 Louie