Re: [Amps] winding plate inductors

To: Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] winding plate inductors
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:22:09 -0800
Hi Chuck,
   A while back, I inherited a wondrous item for that task.

   It is a "Calculaide Frequency Computer" made by American Hydromath
Corp. back in the 1950's.   US pat. no. 2,530,304

   The device is in the form of a circular nomograph where one may set
the coil diameter, coil length, and turns per inch to directly calculate
the inductance.

   There are also scales to show capacitance and resulting resonant
frequency, in both meters & KC, in conjunction with an inductor.

   It comes in real handy when trying to custom fit a coil into a limited
space.

   Maybe you can find one on the 'bay or similar but, no living ham would
ever relinquish one of these!  As Chuck Heston once intoned, "from my
cold dead hand!"

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W

P.S. -- The thing came in a sewn leather cover with gold embossed
lettering.   That's something we'll never see again!