Re: [Amps] Grounded B+ amplifier

To: <RFlabnotes@aol.com>, "Bill, W6WRT Turner" <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grounded B+ amplifier
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 04:51:38 -0800
?  The floating cathode/DC grounded anode amplifiers that I have heard
about had tank circulating current had a water-cooled tube, vacuum-caps
and a water-cooled inductor.   Reducing the L of the anode choke
obviously solves helps to resolve the resonance problem, but perhaps
there is some advantage in eliminating the DC-blocker cap at such power
levels by going to the DC-grounded anode configuration?

>Bill:
>       You asked for comments, so here goes (short and sweet). I have never
>had to spend more than about half an hour with some magnet wire and pieces
>of PVC

?  PVC does not have a low dissipation-factor.  ABS and G10 are about the
best.