[Amps] Re: insulation

To: "R. Measures" <r@somis.org>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re: insulation
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:09:00 -0700
Yes it is given that I work with bigger handled tubes mostly. I also have to consider a second parameter when selecting insulators for some of our RF amps, and thats gamma, beta and sometimes neutron irradiation. Teflon isn't so great when exposed to 'rads'.

But if someone were to run across some UDEL polysulfone (looks amber to Pepsi-Cola colored translucent) at a junk box, auction, or dumpster behind a machine shop, they would have nearly perfect RF choke forms. Rexolite is often used for Radomes and insulators in commerical BC rigs.