Re: [Amps] Re: GU-84b: Drive power required for full power output ?

To: "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: GU-84b: Drive power required for full power output ?
From: frank_goenninger@t-online.de (Frank Goenninger)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:07:32 +0100
Hi Peter, Rich, & all the others on this list,

thx for replies. Having expose myself as mostly new to tubes and such, I
see that the GU-84b allows for -150V on the grid.

Given a 50 Ohm input circuit about 100V peak will be produced by 100W
drive power.

This would require to bias the grid at about -100V which is within
limits of tube parameters.

What would be the consequences out of this? Rich, you mentioned a
typical value of about -80V for the grid bias. Sorry, I still do not
have any suitable datasheet (and found none on WWW too)...

So my parameters for the GU-84b are:

Ua  = 3000V  (Anode)
Ug1 = -100V  (Grid)
Ug2 =  375V  (Screen)