Re: [Amps] AMERITRON AL811 GRID METER MOT SHOWING READING

To: "W.F van Wyk" <zs6arf@telkomsa.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AMERITRON AL811 GRID METER MOT SHOWING READING
From: "carl seyersdahl" <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 06:58:58 -0500
The first thing to look at will be the "meter" switch.!!
 I've seen several cases where the switch  gets a film on it due to the very
small current and voltage it switches. I cured that by disconnecting it from
the ckt. and , using a battery and a resistor , forcing a larger current
thru the switch , thus destroying the 'film' on the contacts. This is
something I ran into many years ago when using toggle switches to control
low level audio.
   have a good day.!!!
    carl / kz5ca