[Amps] Re: SB-220 plate choke

To: "Amps Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: SB-220 plate choke
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:40:03 -0500
On Apr 25, 2004, at 5:52 AM, Roy Koeppe wrote:

> Discussed...

 On Apr 23, 2004, at 3:20 PM, Jeff Weinberg W8CQ wrote:

 Hi All,
  I am trying to find a plate choke for the SB-220 for a friend in
  Australia.  Anyone got a spare lying around?

 Ã  No, but they are a piece of cake to make.  See
 http://www.somis.org/D-amplifiers4.html
 -  cheers, Jeff.

  Thanks,
  Jeff Weinberg  W8CQ

 Lots in that URL I don't agree with. First he seems not to distinguish
 between series and parallel resonances at all.

ï  Roy --  How do you tell the difference between a series-resonance
and a parallel-resonance with a dipmeter?

My recall is that you measure for parallel-resonance dips with the choke
open circuited, and preferably installed in the amp. (wired in place).
For series dips, you place a shorting strap directly across the choke,
and have it out in open space at the time.

Roy      K6XK/0