Re: [Amps] one people, separated by a common language

To: "Barry Kirkwood" <bjk@ihug.co.nz>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] one people, separated by a common language
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:24:33 -0700
In the discussions of heath Robinson, it sounded a bit like our Rube
Goldberg.  I had not been to the official Rube Goldberg website lately, and
take a short excursion into history at www.rube-goldberg.com

If you have a few moments, visit the site to learn such information as
"Through his 'INVENTIONS', Rube Goldberg discovered difficult ways to
achieve easy results. His cartoons were, as he said, symbols of man's
capacity for exerting maximum effort to accomplish minimal results. Rube
believed that there were two ways to do things: the simple way and the hard
way, and that a surprisingly number of people preferred doing things the
hard way."

There is probably a lot of Rube in all of us, as we spend hundreds of
amplifiers building an amplifier to speak with someone a few miles away,
when we could just pick up the telephone.  And, some even use the archaic
morse code.

73,  Colin  K7FM

---