Re: [Amps] DVM recomendation

To: <AMPS@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DVM recomendation
From: "Jeffrey Madore" <K1LE@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:11:24 -0400
Used Fluke 8050's run about 40 bucks at the monthly flea market at MIT in
Boston. http://web.mit.edu/w1mx/www/swapfest.html Usually the nicads are
missing or spent. Used on the bench, connected to AC power, the nicads
aren't an issue. Dealers that sell used test equipment often have a stack of
8050's. I've found some of these dealers to be very helpful in following up,
by mailing a missing manual or replacing a piece of test equipment that is
found to be malfunctioning.  The MIT flea market is a great place to pick up
test equipment at a reasonable. You can usually plug it in and give it a
test drive right there before you buy it.

The doors open at 9 am. Get there at or before 9am, breeze through and pick
up the bargains. Bring a duffle bag. (kids are useful too :-) Even though it
runs through 2pm, many are packing up around noon. About closing time is a
great time to get good deals on things that people just don't want to drag
home. Every time I go my attic gets heavier with things that I just couldn't
pass up!

Jeff