[Amps] Taming a FL2000b

To: Amps Reflector <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Taming a FL2000b
From: Paul Erickson <va7nt@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:31:25 -0700
I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been successful in taming a FL2000b. I am working on one for a friend.

I have replaced the tubes with new match Taylor 572b's and replaced some fried components, and even tried a pair of Nichrome suppressers but on occasion when increasing the drive power, the plate meter will pin, stay pinned until power is turned off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.