[Amps] TL922 Meter bulb replacement

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TL922 Meter bulb replacement
From: "Steve GW4BLE" <GW4BLE@btconnect.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:03:21 -0000
Thanks to Tom W2SC who provided the following information..

Hi Steve -

The meter lights are right under the top panel and are easy to replace.

Unfortunately, the mounting is a bit unusual.  There are small bulbs in a
plastic/rubber holders that slide into a slot in the sheet metal.  I have
replaced some of them with exact replacements from the Kenwood parts depot.
I have also replaced just the bulb using the existing plastic/rubber holder.
I used the smallest  bulb I could find from radio shack.  This was a bit
tricky and not a good fit, I would recommend the originals unless you have a
good assortment of bulbs.  The operate/standby lights are harder to replace
as there is limited room for your fingers.

All in all, it is an easy job if you have the right parts.

The bulbs are not plug ins.  They have flying leads and need to be soldered

73, Tom W2SC

73

Steve

GW4BLE