[Amps] Replacing a AL-1200 blower/fan

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Replacing a AL-1200 blower/fan
From: Dana Roode <K6NR@ARRL.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:17:48 -0700
AL-1200 owners/experts --

My latest is problem is that my blower motor stopped spinning. Well, for a few hours, now its working again.

Anyone know whats involved in replacing the blower? Mine appears to be held on by a bolt to the chasis on the side and sealant at the bottom to the Tube sub-chasis. The sub-chasis looks to be difficult to take off, don't know if I need to.

Everything else about this AL-1200 is old and different than what is now used, maybe my blower is too. Its a "Cyclohm Fan" from Howard Industries if that means anything. I have a round hole in the middle chasis wall, recent AL-1200's appear to have a square hole.

Dana