[Amps] Drake L-7 Linear capacitor

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Drake L-7 Linear capacitor
From: Harold Polk <hpolk1@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:40:17 -0700
I have a Drake L-7 linear amp that has blown the "printed circuit board" capacitor C-41, the one that is across a RF choke, RFC 4. I think the part is not available anymore and was wondering if some other commercial capacitor could be substituted for this "home made part". If anyone knows of a replacement for this cap I would appreciate hearing from them, especially the voltage rating of the cap. The value shown on the schematic is 47pf.
Of course it took out the "fuse" resistor in the P/S and that part is relative easy to obtain, a 0.82 2 watt resistor.
Thanks
Harold
N3HP