[Amps] 3CX1000A7 question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3CX1000A7 question
From: "Osten B Magnusson" <sm5dqc@areteadsl.se>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:55:21 +0200

Friends!

I have a couple of days got a home-built amp
using a 3CX1000A7 - it deliver around 1200 watts
out, key down - only tested it on 80 meters.

It seems that it's built, in the seventies, with
input circuits from an SB-220. As I think that
the input impedance for a 3CX1000A7 is around
50 ohms can the use of SB-220 input circuits
be OK? I don't have the input impedance of
a pair of 3-500Z's here and have not tested the
3CX1000A7 with an SWR-meter between the
tranceiver and the amp.

I know Rich will object to this  (by the way
your letter Thursday Rich)  but how about
not using any input circuits?

Thanks in advance for answers and 73 de

Osten SM5DQC    sm5dqc@areteadsl.se