Re: [Amps] bring up an HT 41

To: scm <scm@carrollsweb.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] bring up an HT 41
From: Don Nesbitt <nesbittdr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 06:59:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve.  I'm sure you will get the usual "variac,
etc, etc." replies and maybe even a "replace the 866's
with solid state and then check the charge current to
each capacitor in the the cap bank, making sure it
does not exceed "ya'da ya'da ya'da" as you bring up
the voltage with the ubiquitous variac" but, in my
humble opinion, why bother trying to save the caps? -
by now, they are old enough, dry enough and likely
leaky enough to be ready for replacement!  If he is
really interested in "using" the amp, I'd just replace
the capacitor bank before cranking up and forget about
it!  YMMV Have fun es 73  --don n4hh