Re: [Amps] 20kw Dummy load?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 20kw Dummy load?
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@eon.net.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:31:56 +0800
The way we Aussies do it is to fill a 44 gallon drum with slightly salted water. A couple of hefty electrodes are immersed in the solution and connected to the transmitter and amplifier to be tested.

The transmitter is keyed up and we toss in some lobsters and crabs.

At the conclusion of the load testing, we take out the cooked crustaceans and enjoy a nice feed of the seafood washed down with a few cold beers.

73, Alek
VK6APK