[Amps] Re: Need diagnostic help

To: "Amps Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: Need diagnostic help
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:35:36 -0500
Tom, you asked this (amongst everything else)...

"That can only bring me to one conclusion.....there is something wrong
with
my 240 line?????"

Your arcing is heard originating inside the amps. So, poor 240 VAC
connections would lower the plate voltage, not raise it. Would not
foster arcs within. Measure your line voltage. Mine has been as high as
250 and even more at times. Bet your HV reads high too? We all know the
stories about the spiders and roaches getting toasted in the plate tank.
In reality it's unstable amps arcing from oscillations, I betcha.

Good luck and 73 and let us know,

Roy         K6XK